Level 3 Early Years Educator
Level 3 Early Years Educator (Advanced Practitioner)
Highly-trained Early Years Educators play a vital role in ensuring young children aged 0-7 years learn and develop knowledge, skills and behaviours and, whilst doing so, are kept healthy and safe. As professional practitioners, Early Years Educators deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements as set by the UK Government and support parents/guardians and children to realise their potential.
Broken into the three themes of (1) health and well-being, (2) legislation, frameworks and professional practice, and (3) play, development and learning for school readiness, the Early Years Educator standard will support you to:
- Promote healthy lifestyles in children through food, nutrition and exercise
- Promote physical care and emotional well-being
- Understand and implement legislation on safeguarding, protection, welfare, health and safety, and equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop working partnerships and engage in professional development
- Understand and promote play and physical activity
- Develop emerging maths, English, and cognitive skills
- Promote children’s personal, social and emotional development
- Observe, assess and plan for children’s needs
At the end of your course, you will complete end point assessment which includes the undertaking of (1) a multiple-choice knowledge test and (2) a professional discussion to support your portfolio of evidence. As part of this standard requirements you will also gain the NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Educator qualification.
The course is available as an apprenticeship and as a standalone course.