Level 3 Personal Trainer
The role of a personal trainer (PT) is to coach clients on a one-to-one and small group basis to achieve positive health and fitness goals. Through the design and provision of creative and personalised exercise programmes, a PT provides activity instruction, nutrition and overall lifestyle management advice. As a PT you will motivate and enable clients to positively change their lifestyle behaviour and improve their overall well-being. You will be able to provide specialist, tailored information, advice and guidance (IAG) to take them on a journey towards their personal goals and objectives; improving fitness, well-being, mental health, and sporting performance. The role of a PT is endlessly exciting with no client or personal goal ever the same.
The Level 3 Personal Trainer standard will support you to:
- Improve the personal health and well-being of the individuals’ that you coach.
- Have an impact on the health of the nation and be part of the solution to improved well-being alongside other healthcare professionals
- Plan and deliver health and fitness targets, resolve problems and build fantastic relationships with clients
- Deliver engaging sessions and programmes
- Understand and communicate information on advanced anatomy and physiology and nutritional principles
- Demonstrate leadership and learn ethical business acumen.
At the end of the course, you will (1) be observed delivering a practical session, (2) present a portfolio of work that you have built over the course and participate in a Q&A, and (3) complete an interview.