Level 5 Learning and Skills Teacher
Learning and Skills Teacher
The Learning and Skills Teacher standard has been developed to grow the number of high-skilled Education and Training Sector (ETS) teachers who can successfully lead on successful traineeship, apprenticeship, and adult vocational education and training programmes. The goal of the Learning and Skills teacher standard is to develop teachers and coaches that can plan and deliver learning for young people and adults in a range of environments including the workplace, further education, higher education, offender-learning and the voluntary sector. If becoming a leader in the field of vocational training is your calling, the Learning and Skills Teacher standard is the routeway for you.
The Learning and Skills Teacher standard will support you to:
- Deliver exceptional teaching and training to a range of learners
- Deliver English, maths and ICT teaching and training to GCSE 9-4 grade equivalent
- Design and implement curriculum lifecycle
- Lead on equality, diversity and inclusion, and staff health and wellbeing
- Safeguard vulnerable adults
- Coach and mentor on a 1-2-1 basis
- Management of personal and professional development to remain current both vocationally and as an ETS professional.
To achieve the standard, you will (1) complete two observations of teaching practice and (2) complete two professional discussions on (a) a thematic case study and (b) an online presentation with an independent assessor.