Level 3 Team Leader Supervisor
Team Leader Supervisor
Team leaders and supervisors are first line management roles with operational and project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver clearly defined outcomes. They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals. Working in the private, public or third sector, and in all sizes of organisation, responsibilities will vary. However the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same whatever the role: to deliver operational performance, to demonstrate interpersonal excellence, and to be effective.
The Level 3 Team Leader Supervisor will support your understanding and practice of the following:
- Different leadership styles
- The benefits of coaching to support people and improve performance
- Organisational cultures, equality, diversity and inclusion.
- People and team management models, including team dynamics and motivation techniques.
- HR systems and legal requirements
- Conduct appraisals, review performance, manage absence, provide feedback, and recognise achievement
- Organisational strategy and governance and how budgets are controlled
- Project life-cycles, roles and delivery
- Problem solving and decision-making techniques and be confident in analysing data to inform.
At the end of the course you will conduct a small multiple-choice test, present a portfolio of evidence and have a professional discussion on being a team leader/supervisor with an external assessor.