Level 5 Operations Departmental Manager
Operations Departmental Manager
An operations or departmental manager is someone who manages teams and/or projects and achieves goals and objectives as part of the delivery of the organisation’s strategy. They are accountable to senior managers or executive leaders, working in the private, public or third sector organisations of all sizes. Specific responsibilities and job titles will vary but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to be an effective operations or departmental manager will be the same. Key responsibilities may include creating and delivering operational plans, managing projects, leading and managing teams, managing change, financial and resource management, talent management, and coaching and mentoring.
The Level 5 Operations Departmental Manager will support your understanding and practice of the following:
- Operational management approaches and models, including creating plans to deliver objectives and setting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- The application of business development tools, such as SWOT analysis, and approaches to continuous improvement
- Lead, manage, support and develop people and teams locally, remotely and dispersed
- Approaches to partner, stakeholder, supplier and people management and measurement
- Interpersonal and communication techniques
- The purposes of business finance and how to become adept at managing budgets by understanding financial constraints
- Establish, manage, review and close complex projects
- Data security management and the effective use of technology.
At the end of the course you will conduct a small multiple choice test, present a portfolio of evidence, have the opportunity to present a managed project and have a professional discussion on being an Operations/Departmental Manager with an external assessor.