NCFE Cache Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
The Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools framework is no longer a funded apprenticeship. It is available as a standalone course as either an Award or Certificate and depending on meeting eligibility criteria, we may be able to fund your qualification.
Classroom teaching and learning environments need to support a range of needs and abilities. Teaching Assistants are key to meeting the need and to do well are required to engage in continuing professional development (CPD) progressing towards professional status.
The NCFE Cache Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF) (July 2014) qualification will:
- Develop you knowledge on child and young person development
- Communicating with stakeholders and developing professional relationships
- Build a strong foundation knowledge on topics such as equality, diversity and inclusion, safeguarding, and health and safety
- Improve your practice in the maintenance and support of relationships with children and young people
- Improve understanding on supporting positive behaviour and learning activities.
To complete your course, you will have completed classroom observations, 1-2-1 and group professional discussions, knowledge-based assignments and collected examples of your practice in your role as a TA.