Train Together Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and this policy demonstrates our commitment to protecting your personal information. This statement explains how we collect, process, and use personal data information that (a) we collect from you and (b) you provide us including how we learn about you from your visit to our website.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC) The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
Even though the UK has expressed its intention to leave the EU in March 2019, the GDPR will be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018. The Government intends for the GDPR to continue in UK law post Brexit and has also introduced a Data Protection Bill to replace the current Data Protection Act in due course.
Your new rights under the GDPR are set out in this notice but will only apply once the GDPR becomes law on 25th May 2018.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of data protection, and to ensure we meet the legislation in force, the data controller is Train Together Limited, 5 Barshaw Park, Leycroft Road, Leicester LE4 1ET. Train Together is a company registered in England and Wales (Company Registration Number 07449097) and on the Data Protection Public Register (Company ICO Number Z254055).
Our GDPR Data Officer is Zaheer Patel and can be contacted on (0116) 235 8000 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our ongoing commitment to keep you informed, our Privacy Notice sets out how we store and use your information. We encourage you to read the Privacy Notice in full.
However, to summarise, we will:
- Always use your data within the law
- Never sell your data
- Always respect your wishes about how you would like to be contacted.
Our postal address is should you wish to contact us is:
5 Barshaw Park,
We can be reached online at www.traintogetherltd.co.uk or phone (0116) 235 8000
Please be aware that your call may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
Train Together Limited is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act and GDPR Regulation. This Privacy Notice explains how your personal information is processed and used by Train Together Limited and for what purposes it is held. Train Together Limited is a private training provider, working with academies, schools, commercial companies and organisations such as local authorities. As such, Train Together Limited takes information safety seriously and as such we ensure your data is stored and processed using appropriate technical and organisational methods to ensure we comply with all relevant data protection legislation.
Who else do we share your information with?
Where we share data with external parties, all transfers of data are completed using secure methods to mitigate against the risk of any data being accessed by unauthorised persons. In addition to any specific information provided, at the point of data collection or elsewhere in this notice, we may disclose your personal information to others in the following circumstances and/or for the following purposes:
- Where we are required to do so by the courts or to comply with other legal, statutory and/or regulatory obligations including accounting and taxation requirements
- To prevent and/or detect crime
- For audit and debt collection
- For credit reference purposes (where applicable).
What information do we collect and where does it come from?
We collect personal information:
- Personal information (such as Title, Full name, Email, Job Title, Local Authority, Telephone)
- School/Employer Information (such as Establishment, Registration Code)
We collect this information when you:
- Register on our website
- Subscribe to our newsletters
- Complete an online form and/or opt in to receive marketing information
- Provide information using paper forms when you enrol on an apprenticeship or a training programme
We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback, and participate in any competitions we promote. Occasionally we buy marketing information from legitimate list brokers who collect school contact information from school websites made public.
How do we use your data?
We use personal data to:
- Keep you updated and send you information about our existing and new services
- Give you access to web content
- Send emails to individuals or schools with whom we want to develop or maintain a business relationship in accordance with applicable marketing laws.
We will not process personal information for any further processing other than the purpose it was obtained for. We want to communicate with you in a way that meets your needs and requests. Depending on the preferences you have already expressed, we might communicate with you by post, telephone, e-mail or text.
Where you have consented to receive marketing materials, we will send you information about training programmes and services which may be of interest to you and updates on our training and development products and services. If you have consented to receive marketing, you can opt out or update your preferences at any time by contacting our GDPR Officer or by clicking here.
How long do we keep your data?
We will keep it permanently unless you ask us not to. If you wish to be removed from any or all of our email newsletter mailing lists, you can unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the email, click here or contact our GDPR Data Officer on (0116) 235 8000 or email@example.com.
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information we hold about you please contact our GDPR Data Officer in writing to:
Train Together Limited
GDPR Data Officer,
5 Barshaw Park
Leicester, LE4 1ET
Alternatively, you can request access to information by completing an online form. Click here to access the request form.
If we do hold information about you, we will:
- Give you a description of it
- Inform you why we are holding it
- Tell you who it could be shared with
- Provide you with a copy of it
You also have the right to:
- Remove consent to us processing your data (where we are processing it using the lawful basis of consent, for example by sending you newsletters)
- Have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Request that we remove your personal data (other than name and email, which we will need to store to ensure we meet your request)
- Restrict the processing of your personal data, for example, ask us not to contact you
- Object to the processing of your data for specific purposes such as communications or direct marketing
- Ask for the transfer of your data electronically to a third party
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk)
Train Together Limited will never sell your data. We will also never share your data with anyone to use for their own purposes unless disclosure is permitted or required by law.
Any breach of Data Protection legislation will be reported to the GDPR Data Officer at Train Together Limited in accordance with Train Together’s Data Protection Policy.
We do not collect personally identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Providing such information is strictly voluntary.
Any information you provide Train Together Ltd will be held with utmost care. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade or lease personal information collected. Information you provide is used only to answer your queries and to contact you regarding the services and products we provide.
When someone visits our website we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this in a way which does not personally identify the visitor.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
This Privacy Notice was updated in May 2018. It will be reviewed at least annually and we will publish any changes we make to the Privacy Notice on our website.
Contacting Train Together Limited
If you have any questions, need further information about our privacy practices, or would like to let us know that your details require updating, please write to us at:
Train Together Limited
Data Protection Officer,
5 Barshaw Park
Leicester, LE4 1ET